"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others: For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness: and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

50's Inspired

I love love love 50's inspired makeup.  That arched eyebrow, flawless skin, loads of mascara and most importantly defined red lip.  Sporting a red lip just instantly makes me feel more glamorous.  Looking back through time every decade had a memorable bombshell that's signature style was a variation  of Marilyn Monroe's perfect pout..... each very different but each equally beautiful. 

Here is my variation of her signature style.  Its hard to compare to her flawless look, but i am happy with how it turned out.









Face:

MAC Fix +
MAC Strobe Cream
MAC Prep and Prime Skin
MAC Face and Body "C2"
MAC Select Moisturecover "NW20" to conceal under eye circles
MAC Blot Powder "Medium" to set fondation
MAC "Bite of An Apple" Blush
MAC Minerilize Skinfinish in "By Candlelight"

Eye:

MAC Shadow in "Corduroy" to define brows
UDPP from lash line to brow bone
MAC "Crystal Avalanche" all over lid and into tear duct
MAC "Ricepaper" and "Vanilla" pigment on brow bone
MAC "Copperplate" to deepen crease
MAC "Tete-A-Tint"  to blend out copperplate and over define crease and on lower lashline
MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" dramatically winged out on upper lashline
MAC Opulash Mascara in Bad, Bad Black
Mac #36 lashes


Lips:
MAC Prep and Prime "Lip" to prevent bleeding
MAC Lip Pencil in "Redd" to define lip line
MAC "Russian Red" matte lipstick
MAC "Russian Red" lipglass just patted on center of lip

I thought I would also just add a couple pics of how i turned this look into something totally different for the birthday party I was attending that night.  I wore that red lip look all day at work and decided I was more feeling the smokey eye and nude lip for night. 

I simple sprayed Fix+ on to my MAC 187 brush and then buffed it all over my skin to freshen me up, then added a little MAC Seedy Pearl to my lid  and MAC Girlie and Sketch into my crease.  I then defined my water line with Urban Decays eye pencial in Zero.  After retouching my concealer and adding a little MAC Minerilize Skinfinish Natural all over my face I added some of MAC Stero Rose to my cheeks.  To bring the whole look together I lightly tapped MAC "Myth" all over my lips and finished it of with MAC Creemesheen Gloss in "Fashion Whim" 

And Ta-Da....... a whole new face and all in less then 10 minutes. 








3 comments:

  1. You're gorgeous, I love the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    I wanted to stop by your blog & and leave some love <3 I LOVE these two looks that you did. Ahhh, the classic red lip...so pretty & then I love how you transformed it into party make-up! Very beautiful as well :) Thanks for following and you can bet I am following you too! Love the blog. Keep up the fabulous work :)

    Xoxo,
    Ashley

    www.blushandbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your support! It means the world to me! You truly inspire me. 

    ReplyDelete